Will fit any of my larger long-legged animals like this bunny and cat.
Materials & Tools
– Yarn. It is best to use the same brand of yarn for the body and the shoes.
– Crochet hook according to the yarn.
– Stuffing – polyester fiberfill, wool, wadding etc.
– Yarn needle, scissors, stitch marker.
– st = stitch
– ch = chain stitch
– sl st = slip stitch
– sc = single crochet stitch
– hdc = half double crochet stitch
– dc = double crochet stitch
– fp-hdc = front post half double crochet stitch (see below)
– sc n = make n single crochet stitches (or ch, hdc etc.), one in each stitch
– inc = increase – make two single crochet stitches in to the same stitch
– inc3 = double increase – three single crochet stitches in to the same stitch
– dc-inc3 = crochet three double crochet stitches in to the same stitch
– dec = invisble decrease – crochet two single crochet stitches together
– sc2tog = regular decrease – crochet two single crochet stitches together
– (sc 2, inc) x n = repeat the pattern between parentheses n times
– (24) = number of stitches in a round after finishing said round
– The soles are worked in spiral. Start joining rounds from row 4.
– Use a stitch marker or a piece of yarn to mark the end or the beginning of a round. Move the marker up after completing each round.
– All stitches are worked in to both loops unless stated otherwise in the pattern.
Worked from the center of the sole (tutorial).
1: ch 9, two sc in to the second chain from
hook, sc 6, four sc in to the first chain
Turn and work on other side of beginning chain.
sc 6, two sc in to the last chain (four total)
2: inc3, sc 4, hdc, dc 2, dc-inc3 x 4, dc 2,
hdc, sc 5 = (30)
3: inc x 3, sc 8, inc x 2, sc 1, inc, sc 2, inc,
sc 1, inc x 2, sc 9 = (39)
Sc in next st, sl st in next st. Move the stitch
marker in to the sl st and count it as the round
end from now on.
Crochet round 4 through the back loops only.
4: sl st, ch 2, sc 38, join the round with a
sl st through the second chain = (39)
5: ch 2, sc 12, hdc, dc 13, hdc, sc 11,
join with a sl st = (39)
6: ch 2, sc 8, hdc 3, (fp-hdc, hdc 2) x 6,
hdc, sc 8, join with a sl st = (39)
7: ch 2, sc 8, hdc 3, ( fp-hdc, skip a st,
hdc) x 6, hdc 2, sc 7, join sl st = (33)
8: ch 2, sc 8, dec, sc, (fp-hdc, skip one
st) x 6, sc, dec, sc 6, join sl st = (25)
9: ch 2, sc 7, dec, sc, dec x 3, sc, dec,
sc 5, join with a sl st = (20)
Crochet a row of slip stitches between rows
8 and 9 (see below). Make a bow and sew it
on. Stuff the shoes lightly.
Switch to “body yarn” and crochet the first
row of the legs through the back loops only.
Continue crocheting the legs in spiral.
10(leg): (sc 1, sc2tog) x 6, sc 2 = (14)
Crochet a row of single crochet stitches into
the front loops of row 9 with the “shoe yarn”.
10(shoe): ch, sc in each stitch, join with
a sl st = (20)
Cut the yarn and fasten off neatly (tutorial 2).
Continue crocheting the legs following your
Work all stitches in to an adjustable loop.
1: (ch 3, dc 2, sc) x 2
Draw the center tightly closed. Cut the yarn,
leaving a long yarn tail and fasten off. Wrap
the yarn tail around the center a few times
and knot the yarn tails togeteher.
Front post half double crochet stitch
a) Make a bow. Leave a long yarn tail for sewing.
b) Crochet a row of slip stitches between rows 8 and 9. Start where you plan to sew the bow.
Sew on the bow, covering the place where the end and the beginning of the row of slip stitches meet. Finish the shoes and stuff them. Continue crocheting the legs.